Monday 11 November 2013

Winter Town by Stephen Emond

Winter Town
by Stephen Emond

What I liked about this novel was it was completely different from every other novel I have read. It made an interesting story as it shows the difficulties that youth go through even when you believe everything is okay. I enjoyed how the story was a light read but filled with heavy characters that hold creativity and problems. The portrayal of the protagonists, Evan and Lucy was an obvious scenario by the love interest between them. Evan's character shows how even though he may seem perfect and comes from a stable, perfect home he isn't. He hides who he really is, without his own acknowledgement. His pressure off his father shone throughout the novel which is something that is popular within students in that situation. Lucy was an odd portrayal, her non-but-gothic-hardcore image portrayed her to be who she was. I understand the uniqueness she wanted to show by the dark hair and makeup as I find myself placing myself into her character especially with her problems that suffice her life. However, her character shown plenty of selfishness and weakness by her hiding the truth from Evan and breaking him as she went along. All in all, I enjoyed this novel by the different narrative and characters point of views.

3.5/5 stars

Lydia S Jones

GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment