Wednesday 6 November 2013

The Beautiful and the Damned by Jessica Verday


The Beautiful and the Damned

by Jessica Verday

After completing The Hollow trilogy which I very much fell in love with, another book that featured the beloved Caspian and Abbey was one to read. At first I wasn't sure how much I'd enjoy this novel, however it greatly surprised me. I loved it. It shown a different side to Jessica Verday's novel's. Firstly, the characters characteristics were incredibly different from what is usually portrayed. Cyn's tough girl act, swearing frequently and entire different image was a strange taking for the protagonist. However, as the narrative set out a new conquest of Cyn's journey I became to like her bad-ass charisma. On the other hand, Avian 'Thirteen' is that typical bad boy, hottie who isn't human but half demon and angel. I loved this take onto the supernatural genre, the romance is still given and even the connection to The Hollow trilogy. Incredibly, thrilling supernatural romantic narrative.

4.5/5 stars

Lydia S Jones

GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment