Friday 28 December 2012

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares

by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan 

“I want to believe there is a somebody out there just for me. I want to believe that I exist to be there for that somebody.” 
'Dash & Lily's Book of Dares' intrigued me right away. The characters intelligence, knowledge and their correct use of words drawn me into taking a liking for both Dash and Lily. Wouldn't it be everyone's fantasy to create a 'dance' of the passing of a notebook with someone who shared interests in the same passions as yourself?

I as a reader enjoyed this book throughout each chapter. It is unusual for me to read a book which is been told through a males perspective but Dash's perspective and interests led me to adore his character. I am jealous of yes a fictional book, the fact that they can endure their passions for books within a small local bookstore 'Strands' whilst in reality we lack them.  I can relate to the characters by their loneliness and how they can feel so distant from people, how Lily decides to not speak to people for a day. Everyone can relate to characters within books as they are a realistic theme running through them, love. The ending is peaceful and beautiful which describes the entire book.

I completely and utterly recommend this novel to anyone who loves the beauty of books creating a connection with another human being. One of my best books I have found to read, words are difficult to say how beautiful this book is. It just reminds me of the happiness christmas makes. 

4.5/5 stars

Lydia S Jones

GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment