Sunday 6 January 2013

Keeping Secrets by Alyson Noël

Keeping Secrets

by Alyson Noël

As a fan of Alyson Noël's novel's I thought I should read back on her older books, however I was disappointed by the writing being weak and the little plots that are not a running theme throughout each of the stories. I expected something light and readable which I would enjoy, Keeping Secrets is that a light easy read but I didn't enjoy it at all. 

Book One: Faking 19

I didn't really enjoy this book, it didn't seem intriguing from the start which I was disappointed with. Usually I love Alyson Noel's novels but Faking 19 seemed like child's play, Alex's and M's pathetic game of wanting to be older and in the Hollywood glamorous scene was immature. The concept of faking their 16 year old selfs to seem 19 was a childish act and was obvious it would never get them far. 

Book Two: Saving Zoe

Th setting of Saving Zoe was different from the start, it was immediately intriguing especially as Echo gets her hands upon Zoe's diary. The book has twist an turns and was beautiful, making you thankful for what you have and feel sorry for Zoe's stupid choices.

2.5/5 stars

Lydia S Jones

GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment