Tuesday 8 July 2014

Soulmates by Holly Bourne


Soulmates 

by Holly Bourne

I didn't know what to expect as I picked up this novel at first. Was it going to be a pathetic love story, following its cringy title 'Soulmates' or a nothingless novel that was a quick read. It was that, a quick read.

I certainly didn't expect the language within the novel, I am used to American writing where the author's always seem to be American. However, Soulmates struck me off guard. British. What I liked was the realism regarding teenagers in college, A Levels and coursework as well as mastering the art of juggling your social and educational life.

The theory behind true love as a moral in this fictional story was overridden by the pathetic 'plot twist' about the weather changing and 'forbidden love'. Suddenly it quite rapidly took a turn and flipped into a unlikely silly little story. The realism was stripped from everything we had endured. I do recommend this novel for a quick holiday read, one to be read in a short amount of time. 

3/5 stars

Lydia S Jones

GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment