Friday 13 September 2013

Pretties (Uglies #2) by Scott Westerfeld

Pretties (Uglies #2)

by Scott Westerfeld

After reading Uglies, I really wanted to find out more about Tally's new life as a Pretty. Uglies began what all book series should do, intriguing you into wanting more. I was impressed with the way the portrayal of the characters transit from being an Ugly to being a Pretty. However, what put me off this new change and Tally was the introduction to Zane. Zane's character probably was introduced to do no harm apart from rivalry between David and Zane. I still rooted for David throughout this book. I didn't like Tally's mistaken choices she constantly makes then is captured over and over again, if you was really that desperate to be cured you'll try harder. It was clever to place the diversion of Tally's so close to escape by Zane once again, who strikes her off her goal. The downside to the book is Shay's pettiness, she acts like an immature child, although I would be peeved with my friend after the whole selling the Smoke out, but my opinion on Shay was for her to grow up and get over herself. Also, I hate the repetition of 'bubbly' in reference to being happy and lively, it makes me cringe in ways. Pretties has done well in carrying on the trilogy. 

I surprisingly was taken by this series and believe if you want something from another world, a story about technology and how society can change this book is for you. It's something different and interesting to read.

4/5 stars

Lydia S Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment