Monday 1 September 2014

Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth


Insurgent (Divergent #2)

by Veronica Roth

I couldn't wait to begin with Insurgent after Divergent finished. Roth's writing is cleverly written and worded to match the dystopian, post-apocalyptic genre. I dived straight into the book, reading chapter after chapter trying to understand and come to grips with the new characters introduced and the fraction-less. 

After the alliance with Marcus that Tris makes I rolled my eyes, a very typical movement and plot 'twist'. I liked how it still focused on Tris and Tobias but also parted away from them until the end. Showing the typical romance everyone craves for. 

Insurgent was a brilliant second installment to the Divergent trilogy and I enjoyed it as much a as Divergent. All in all I do hope that the final installment to he Divergent trilogy; Allegiant will higher my standards and close the series with a bang.

4.5/5 stars

Lydia S Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment