Wednesday 26 February 2014

Pandemonium (Delirium Trilogy #2) by Lauren Oliver


Pandemonium (Delirium Trilogy #2) 

by Lauren Oliver

After completing Delirium I was surprised, surprised on how it finally captured my attention. I was expecting such a slow steady paced novel that flowed the exact same way as Delirium flowed. I was proven wrong as the narrative began to intrigue me more. It may have been from the character's I was fond of or the character's I was newly introduced to. However, Pandemonium began on a confused note, I was put off my balance by the odd chapters from Then & Now. But as I got into the flow of the chapters flipping back and forth, the narrative was picked up again. 

The change of setting is what this novel needed, somewhere new and fresh to bring this narrative to life. I enjoyed the introduction to the Wilds and the journey that Lena had to go on in order to become stronger. Although she began to irate me in area's, it shown the growth within her character. It was incredibly typical to introduce a new male character who will help form this love triangle for Lena. The ending was a typical podium to fall upon. I am excited to read the last instalment in the trilogy, Requiem.


4/5 stars

Lydia S Jones

GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment