Sunday 3 November 2013

Doctor Who: Summer Falls and Other Stories by Amelia Williams


Doctor Who: Summer Falls and Other Stories

by Amelia Williams

As a 'Whovian' as they call it. I was in love with the story of Amy and Rory's beautiful heartwarming fairytale love. When I got bought this novel for my 19th birthday not too long ago (26.10.2013) I couldn't wait to begin to take action and get my head stuck into it.
The introduction by Amelia Williams played with my heart strings. Amy's beautiful words directed at her raggedy man shown her passion and heartache of letting go of him for him to be alone. What I loved about this beginning of the novel that contained these amazing short stories was the tone of voice. I could hear Amy's words as I read along. I fell in love with this.

I began with the first short story within the novel; Summer Falls's by Amelia Williams. I didn't know what to expect in all honesty when I started the novel. However, in some sense of science fiction narrative I enjoyed this little story of a painting and monster. It was an interesting read that started off a good novel. 

The Angel's Kiss by Melody Malone, of course was brilliant! It was my favourite story from the three included in the book. I could feel the River Song charisma behind the protagonist; Melody. I was impressed with the overall outcome within this narrative. 

The final short story was Devil in the Smoke. It was an interesting read that I was not too thrilled about starting, however I grew to enjoy the storyline and of course Madame Vastra was an interesting character to anyone. It was a brilliant story and reminded me of the snowman monsters within the episodes that have aired. Overall, I was greatly impressed with this selection of short stories and loved the journeys that each of these narratives took me on

4.5/5 stars

Lydia S Jones

GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment